Healthcare Teams Face Remote Patient Monitoring Challenges
PrepMD RMS team works closely with your team to determine the best solution that would address your clinic’s challenges and helps you provide better standard of care to your patients. Research shows that complimenting remote cardiac device patient interrogation with in-person device checks enables the healthcare providers to provide a better standard of care to their patients. Remote monitoring allows the physician to implement an improved strategy and care plan based on review of the patient’s in clinic visits and remote interrogations.
While remote monitoring is crucial to a successful delivery of care, hospitals and device clinics have several challenges while monitoring their device patients. These challenges are related to workflow, staffing, patient volume and/or billing. Overburdening of the clinics may sometimes lead to backlogs, which further leads to challenges in ensuring offering quality patient care.
PrepMD RMS clients range from smaller clinics to large healthcare systems and have many challenges which we help address
- Remote monitoring is often avoided because it is felt that with the addition of remote monitoring, it will completely overburden staff.
- Remote monitoring can be a source of data overload that can create more work to sort through it all.
- Triage of remote alerts can be time consuming and an unpredictable workload on a daily basis.
- Find and employ CIED trained, experienced and CCDS-certified staff.
- The tasks of remote monitoring have traditionally been integrated into a clinician’s already full clinic schedule.
- Inability to dedicate a staff member exclusively to remote monitoring to maintain the efficiency and quality of remote monitoring.
- Additional resources are required to coordinate remote monitoring program that can put additional strain on office and/or administrative resources.
- With increasing clinic size, it is virtually impossible to see all patients in the office.
- Clinic schedules are often consumed with routine follow-ups that could be done remotely.
- Remote monitoring for cardiac devices have reimbursement codes, but most clinics struggle with billing leading to revenue losses.
- Software solutions are associated with large upfront costs and/or ongoing subscription fees.
- Sometimes, clinics that already invested in a software solution find it unreasonable to invest in a different solution or service.
Same-Day Alert Reporting
Clinic and Billing Optimization
No Upfront Costs Associated
PrepMD Remote Monitoring Services
Let us customize a solution to help manage your clinic’s
remote monitoring workflow, staffing, volume and financial challenges