IBHRE certification is a major part of training and education of heart rhythm. This certification has been internationally adopted as the heart rhythm competency standard in medical industry. Most of the health care professionals and industry employers are required to pass IBHRE device examination and successfully attain this certification to career advancements and even employment.
IBHRE Device Examination
This examination evaluates the relevant and crucial clinical device knowledge of the applicant regarding implantation of ICDs, pacemakers, as well as follow up of the patients. It includes 200 multiple choice questions and must be completed within the time limit of 5 hours.
All the applicants must have knowledge in the following main areas:
• Management, interpretation, diagnosis, clinical practice, and technology of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias
• Technology and applied science
• Basic science
IBHRE Preparation Tips
Here are some tips that can help you with the preparation of IBHRE device examination:
• Review books, reports, articles and clinical trials on general defibrillation and pacing
• Review study journal such as Journal of Cardiac Electrophysiology (JCE) and Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology (PACE)
• Before you take the exam, you must take the computer based tutorial test that will have you familiarized with the format of the examination as well as the functionality of calculator tools and computerized caliper tools
• Review your on-the-job training and clinical experiences in EP studies and implant processes
• Review readings on the recommended list by IBHRE
The IBHRE examination is a long and exhausting five hours which can open up numerous opportunities for you once you attain the IBHRE certification.